SIRO is a joint venture company, established in 2015 by ESB and Vodafone that aims to connect 450,000 premises across regional Ireland with 100% fibre-to-the-building (FTTP) broadband with speeds of up to 1000Mbps, future proofing homes and businesses connectivity by delivering the highest possible quality service and speeds.
Reporting to our Town Completion Manager, within the Infrastructure department this apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start or develop your career within an exciting and dynamic company within the Telecoms industry.
Apprenticeship training provides alternating on-the-job training in conjunction with off-the-job training in Education and Training Boards and selected higher education institutions. The position is a two-year contract fixed full time contract, including the off-the-job release to attend the off-the-job sessions at TU Dublin to complete a Higher Certificate in Engineering in Telecommunications and Data Network Engineering. Over the lifetime of the apprenticeship a total of eight blocks, each of two weeks duration, will be spent attending class and practical laboratories at TU Dublin.
- Applicant must hold a Leaving Certificate with a minimum of Grade O6/H7 or better in 5 subjects in the Leaving Certificate including English or Irish and Mathematics. A Pass in Foundation Level Irish (F3) is acceptable for this course. Alternatively, an applicant can hold a level of qualification which is deemed equivalent to the requirements in the Leaving Certificate.
- Full Irish driving licence an advantage, but not essential. 12 EDT driving lessons will be covered by SIRO if required.
- Applicant must complete a colour vision test
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Keen interest in the telecoms industry