SIRO is a joint venture company, established in 2015 by ESB and Vodafone that aims to connect 450,000 premises across regional Ireland with 100% fibre-to-the-building (FTTP) broadband with speeds of up to 1000Mbps, future proofing homes and businesses connectivity by delivering the highest possible quality service and speeds.
The role of the Site Agent includes close management of on-site contractor activities. This role will be 80% of the time on the ground liaising with the contractor’s field crews ensuring that issues are dealt with to the satisfaction of SIRO in a timely manner.
- Act as SIRO liaison point with contractor’s field crews in a specific town, overseeing the build, acting as a point of contact for variances and escalating issues as they arise to ensure speedy resolution of issues.
- Proactively monitor daily delivery output against daily target, highlighting to the business in time that
- Oversee contractor’s adherence to safe working procedures (especially with live network), ensuring that appropriate equipment and PPE is in place, carrying out regular audits and providing ongoing feedback on safety performance.
- Carry out inspections, to ensure that completed work meets the quality standards
- Manage variations based on the agree procedures in a timely manner (within the authority limits).
- Observe improved methods of working introduced / developed by the contractor
- Ensure contractor’s works minimises impact on the public and be available to follow-up with any queries as required.
Skills and experience
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of safety
- Strong commercial understanding
- Excellent communication skills required for interactions with internal/external stakeholders, contractors and members of the public
- Ability to analyse and challenge
- Analysing, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Negotiating and Influencing
- Engaging and Managing Contractors
- Electrical qualification and safe Operation of Electricity, Equipment & Materials and Electrical Appreciation
- Specific Knowledge of Plant and Equipment (electrical and telecoms)
- Applying Technological Knowledge and Understanding
- Quality and Risk Management
- Qualification in Managing Safely in Construction (MSIC), with current CIF CPD Card would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the MRL System / Public book would be an advantage
- Safe Pass training