SIRO was launched in 2015 as a joint venture between Vodafone and ESB. Our key mission is to build a nationwide 100% fibre broadband network – we commit to changing Ireland’s telecom landscape and delivering the fastest most innovative broadband experience to the Irish consumer. Winner of the Best Employer Branding Award 2021 and Employee Experience Award 2022.
SIRO is currently seeking experienced operatives who will be responsible for the surveying of Fibre related activities (overhead, underground, Façade etc) into residential homes and businesses along existing ESB and third-party infrastructure. Candidates will be trained and authorised to a minimum SIRO Level 1 “Energised” Underground Technician, with suitable candidates progressing on to SIRO Level 3 “Energised” Crew Leader. Suitable candidates will also have the opportunity to apply for Telecommunications & Data Networks Technician Apprenticeship. This work will be specifically taking place from the “Energised” ESB underground/overhead vault/pole base to the ESB meter cabinet or service point and other off-net routes.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Underground civil engineering experience involving underground services trenching and ducting installation works within the past 5 years.
- Manual and/or mechanical cable pulling and duct rodding/roping experience.
- Knowledge and ability to read technical and/or services drawings.
- Valid and in date Safe Pass card.
- Full clean driving license.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience in Civils/Construction/Underground/Overhead services works.
- Knowledge and experience of civil engineering/underground/Overhead services work with ESB or other European power utility company.
- MV and/or LV cable circuits/cable pulling a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of legislative traffic management requirements
- Knowledge and experience of the HSA Code of Practice for Avoiding Danger from Underground Services.
- Current CSCS Location of Underground Services (LUGS) Card.
- Verbal and/or written Irish language communication skills.
Please highlight in your CV if you possess any of these distinct advantages.
SIRO & Equality
SIRO believes in equality for all. We strive to create a workplace that is diverse and mirrors the customers, community, and colleagues that we serve. We encourage, support, and celebrate our differences and foster an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, colleague engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.