SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone to build a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries.
Launched in May 2015, this is an opportunity to join an exciting company with ambitious plans to become a significant player in the Irish telecommunications market.
We currently have a vacancy for a GIS Technician to work within our Plan and Design team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Network Plan and Design Teams and installation contractors to ensure designs and as-builts are reflected correctly in SIRO GIS.
- Import designs and as-builts from installation contractors into GIS sytems and ensure that they meet the SIRO GIS requirements.
- Create and run reports via FME, GeoMedia, GTech and ArcGIS.
- Continuous improvement and development of SIRO GIS tools.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3rd level degree in GIS, science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in GIS preferably in the Telecoms Industry.
- Knowledge of GI Systems; Intergraph – (GeoMedia and GTech Fibre Optic Works), AutoCAD, Google Earth, ArcGIS
- Good working knowledge of FME, OSi Mapping and GeoDirectory
- Competent with Oracle SQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Good understanding and use of relational databases and running database queries from SQL developer or similar tools.
- Experience with Python
- Full drivers licence.
SIRO & Equality
SIRO believes in equality for all. We strive to create a workplace that is diverse and mirrors the customers, community, and colleagues that we serve. We encourage, support, and celebrate our differences and foster an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, colleague engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 087-3918042