SIRO is a joint venture company, established in 2015 by ESB and Vodafone that aims to connect 450,000 premises across regional Ireland with 100% fibre-to-the-building (FTTP) broadband with speeds of up to 1000Mbps, future proofing homes and businesses connectivity by delivering the highest possible quality service and speeds.
We currently have a vacancy for a GIS Technician to work within our GIS team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage quarterly updates of OSi Mapping, GeoDirectory and GNI in SIRO GIS.
- Create and run reports and validations via FME, Oracle, GeoMedia, G/Technology FOW and ArcGIS.
- Synchronisation processes of SIRO GIS data to OSS and BSS systems.
- Manage user access to various GIS/IT resources.
- Provide GIS support and training to internal (SIRO) and external GIS users (design & build contractors).
- Liaise closely with design & build contractors to ensure that they meet the SIRO GIS requirements.
- Continuous improvement and development of SIRO processes and the SIRO GIS.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3rd level degree in GIS, science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in GIS, preferably in the Telecoms Industry.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems – Intergraph (GeoMedia and G/Technology Fibre Optic Works), ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth.
- Working knowledge of FME, OSi Mapping and GeoDirectory.
- Competent with Oracle SQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Good understanding and use of relational databases and running database queries from SQL developer or similar tools.
- Good understanding of a telco fibre network (FTTH/FTTB).
- Self-starter, works well under pressure, able to deliver to deadlines.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Full drivers’ licence.
SIRO & Equality
SIRO believes in equality for all. We strive to create a workplace that is diverse and mirrors the customers, community, and colleagues that we serve. We encourage, support, and celebrate our differences and foster an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, colleague engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 087-3918042