SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone to build a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting company with ambitious plans to become a significant player in the Irish telecommunications market.
We are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to manage a number of programmes, including, cost management, contractor performance, and procurement. The role will encompass close liaison with other functions within the Technical & Procurement groups.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and develop cost strategy for effective management, delivery and reporting throughout all phases of assigned projects.
- Partner with Procurement (VPC), Design, Finance, and Build Management teams to achieve optimum outcomes on commercial negotiations.
- Provide input back into LLD review to ensure that they meet cost targets.
- Ensure that contractor payment process operates smoothly and that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Support the ongoing development of commercial strength within the build team, particularly, field resources, ensuring the integrity of the CVI process on the ground and that SOR definitions are written to protect SIRO.
Experience / Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Full, clean Drivers licence.
- Self-motivation and ability to project-manage own work and coordinate those working with him/her.
- Knowledge of the administration of main conditions of contract.
- Ability to work and share knowledge and competencies within a team structure.
- Proven track record of delivery of projects on time and to the highest professional standards.
- Ability to make quality decisions and judgments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility which is important in all aspects of the role, including travel nationally.
- Strong report writing capability.
- Experience in the use of IT software packages to investigate project costings and assess Framework Schedule of rates is important
- Achievement of Chartered qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in Electrical Engineering or Infrastructure build projects would be advantageous