SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone to build a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries.
Launched in May 2015, this is an opportunity to join an exciting company with ambitious plans to become a significant player in the Irish telecommunications market.
We have an opening for a Network Design Engineer for the area of POPs (Points of Presence/Central Offices), ODFs and Power Supplies to work in our network design team.
- Support the rollout of the Fibre Network, POP locations and Metro connectivity.
- Work within the planning and design team to assess upcoming rollout areas,
- Develop Network connectivity solutions and manage delivery
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Carryout site Surveys and Survey reports
- Support Network testing
- Carryout On site acceptance testing & installation quality audits
- Role will be predominately field based
- Relentless focus of health and safety – safe by design
Key Skills Required:
- +3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of the telecommunications market, carriers, service providers
- Strong understanding of fibre optic technologies including DWDM, PON/GPON, FTTH, etc.
- Proficiency with planning and design tools such as AutoCAD, G-Technology Fibre Optic Works, Geomedia, etc.
- Experience of DC Power systems would be advantageous
- Experience of fibre networks (ODFs, Patching, Cleaning, etc.) is desirable
- Education Qualifications:
- 3rd level qualification in Telecommunication/Physics/Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Clean Drivers licence