SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone to build a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries.
Launched in May 2015, this is an opportunity to join an exciting company with ambitious plans to become a significant player in the Irish telecommunications market.
We currently have a vacancy for a GIS Technician to work in our GIS team within our IT & Systems department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage quarterly updates to GIS reference data (GeoDirectory, eircode, OSi & ESB) ensuring system uptime, data integrity and completeness of reference data.
Manage GIS system roadmap, enhancements and defects from identification through to resolution with SIRO GIS users and system vendors.
Take responsibility for identifying and documenting GIS best practices and SIRO GIS requirements specification for SIRO GIS users and SIRO build contractors, including notification of changes and associated training as required.
Create test cases based on Statements of Work for any changes to GIS. Manage UAT and assist with testing as required.
Create, run reports and conduct data analysis for various internal and external parties utilising GIS tools such as FME, GTech and Oracle/SQL.
Provide GIS support and training to SIRO GIS users and SIRO build contractors.
Continuous improvement and development of SIRO GIS.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3rd level degree in Data Analytics, GIS, IT, Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in GIS
- Knowledge of GI Systems; Intergraph – (GeoMedia and GTech Fibre Optic Works), AutoCAD, Google Earth, FME.
- Core knowledge of Databases – SQL Server / Oracle
- Technical writing skills for documentation of business requirements.
- Understanding of telco fibre networks (FTTH/FTTB) an advantage.
- Self-starter, works well under pressure, able to deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full drivers licence.