SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone, building a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries.
- Ensure a smooth procurement process for vendors through the issuing of purchase orders, seeking the businesses approval of goods/service, processing of invoices for payment all in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monitoring the company bank accounts and completing bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Preparing and reviewing month end reports for management.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with business and third party vendors to ensure the transactional processes are operating effectively and that transactions posted accurately with sufficient back up.
- Monitor the AP mailbox and resolve any day to day issues that may occur.
- Liaise with project managers, functional managers and Finance Manager in relation to the timely opening and modification of Purchase Orders.
- Validate financial master data on PO requests (e.g. GL codes, cost centres and asset classes) and liaise with Supply Chain to ensure master data reflects contractual arrangements (e.g. credit terms).
- Co-ordinate, validate and process payment runs & ensuring payment is made in accordance with vendor contractual arrangements.
- Preparation and review of Vendor reconciliations.
- Work with Finance Manager and Finance Team to improve accounts payable processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Monitor the work flow approvals of POs, invoices and payments and follow up with directors and/or management to ensure they are approved in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the finance function, including provide analysis and calculations to help support commercial decisions.
- Work cross functionally to develop new and improve existing processes.
- Look to continuously improve processes you are involved in.
- Identify savings and areas where financial controls can be strengthened.
- Graduate with an Accounting, Business related or numerical degree
- Keen interest in accounting and finance
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both in a team and also independently
- Organisational skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Business acumen and interest
- Proficiency in IT (knowledge of Excel and Accounting Systems are an advantage)
Location: Carrickmines, Dublin 18
Duration: 12 month contract