SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone to build a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries.
Launched in May 2015, this is an opportunity to join an exciting company with ambitious plans to become a significant player in the Irish telecommunications market.
We are recruiting for a Site Agent to work closely with contractors in Dublin and the surrounding areas.
The role of the Site Agent includes close management of on-site contractor activities. This role will be 80% of the time on the ground liaising with the contractor’s field crews ensuring that issues are dealt with to the satisfaction of SIRO in a timely manner.
- Act as SIRO liaison point with contractor’s field crews in a specific town, overseeing the build, acting as a point of contact for variances and escalating issues as they arise to ensure speedy resolution of issues.
- Proactively monitor daily delivery output against daily target, highlighting to the business in time that
- Oversee contractor’s adherence to safe working procedures (especially with live network), ensuring that appropriate equipment and PPE is in place, carrying out regular audits and providing ongoing feedback on safety performance.
- Carry out inspections, to ensure that completed work meets the quality standards
- Manage variations based on the agree procedures in a timely manner (within the authority limits).
- Observe improved methods of working introduced / developed by the contractor
- Ensure contractor’s works minimises impact on the public and be available to follow-up with any queries as required.
Skills and experience
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of safety
- Strong commercial understanding
- Excellent communication skills required for interactions with internal/external stakeholders and contractors
- Ability to analyse and challenge
- Analysing, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Negotiating and Influencing
- Engaging and Managing Contractors
- Electrical qualification and safe Operation of Electricity, Equipment & Materials and Electrical Appreciation
- Specific Knowledge of Plant and Equipment (electrical and telecoms)
- Applying Technological Knowledge and Understanding
- Quality and Risk Management
- Qualification in Managing Safely in Construction (MSIC), with current CIF CPD Card would be an advantage.