ESB and Vodafone have joined forces to establish SIRO Ltd – now the largest national Fibre-to-the-Building (FTTB) wholesale telecommunications Infrastructure Company in Ireland. Powered by Light, SIRO is the only broadband network in Ireland that uses the existing ESB electricity network to provide 100% broadband directly into your home or business, enabling speeds of 1 Gigabit per second. Committing to a multi-million Euro fibre broadband roll out throughout Ireland. SIRO powered broadband is available through Vodafone, Digiweb, Westnet and Carnsore Broadband.
SIRO is currently recruiting experienced underground/civils operatives who will be responsible for the installation of Fibre sub-ducting into residential homes and businesses along existing ESB underground infrastructure:
Selected candidates will be trained and authorised to a minimum SIRO Level 1 “Energised” Underground Technician, with suitable candidates progressing on to SIRO Level 3 “Energised” Crew Leader. This work will be specifically taking place from the “Energised” ESB underground vault/pole base to the ESB meter cabinet or service point.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Minimum 12 months underground civil engineering experience involving underground services trenching and ducting installation works within the past 5 years
- Manual and/or mechanical cable pulling and duct rodding/roping experience
- Knowledge and ability to read technical and/or services drawings.
- Valid, and in date, Safe Pass card
- Full clean driving license
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience in Civils/Construction/Underground services works.
- Knowledge and experience of civil engineering/underground services work with ESB or other European power utility company.
- MV and/or LV cable circuits/cable pulling a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of legislative traffic management requirements
- Knowledge and experience of the HSA Code of Practice for Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- Current CSCS Location of Underground Services (LUGS) Card
- Verbal and/or written Irish language communication skills.
Please highlight in your CV if you possess any of these distinct advantages.