SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone joint venture to build a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world’s fastest broadband countries. Launched in May 2015, this is an opportunity to join an exciting company with ambitious plans to become a significant player in the Irish telecommunications market.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Engineer to support the day-day management of a wholesale FTTH Telecommunications network.
- Working closely with the Networks Plan/Design/Build team to ensure smooth handover of new parts of the network as they come on board
- Ability to work with an outsourced 3rdparty NOC supplier, where required.
- Contributor to definition & execution of any new test requirement relating to rollout of new products or features, problem or security updates.
- Performance / SLA Reporting & Management
Further examples of Operational issues requiring management on a daily basis by members of the Operations team are as follows:
- New Operator on-boarding/NNI provisioning
- NOC impact if OSS/BSS systems failure – Cramer/GIS failure
- Impact assessment on all Operators & NOC, if a OSS/BSS failure occur
- Assist in specification/provisioning of new Operator products
- Assess impacts/root cause if Maintenance & Repair (M&R) / Installation & Commissioning (I&C) suppliers impacted if a B2B GW problems stop WFM access
- Assess impacts/root cause Operator impacted if a B2B GW is not facilitating 2-way TTK exchange
- Assess impacts/root cause Operator impacted as B2B GW problem stops booking appointments via WFM
- Assess impacts/root cause OSS/BSS problem prevents Operator taking an new order
- Support for OSS/BSS problems, if escalated from the Managed Service provider, including impact assessment (e.g. any OSS/BSS problems caused by Network faults)
- Assessing impact on Operations in event of a DCN incident
- Checking lost/late Customer orders
- Technical support for any Billing queries where CRM team cannot easily identify problem (i.e. retrieval of any original CDRs/support for verification of a billing rerun)
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Prior Senior Networks Operations engineering experience, a minimum of 3-5 years, with direct FTTH knowledge a preference.
- Knowledge of Incident management, Fault isolation & recovery, connectivity.
- Deep knowledge of the tools and processes required to run an Enterprise class telecommunications network, with direct FTTH knowledge an obvious preference.
- Knowledge of FTTH equipment, Network Management systems, Monitoring, Trouble ticketing, OSS, BSS, and GIS systems.
- Knowledge of Huawei FTTH equipment a preference.